The Paradox and Hypocritical World::矛盾和虚伪的世界
Monday, May 19, 2008, 10:54 PM -
CommentPosted by Administrator
注: 1. 这是一篇发表在《纽约时报》上的英文诗歌,作者署名为a Slient, Silent Chinese。我一向不喜欢在blog上转载别人的文章,但这篇实在是太好,我非常喜欢,于是我重新翻译了中文。特此声明。
2. 这篇文章来自网络,我无法从《纽约时报》得到纸质的版本。来自于不同网站的这首诗有一些差异,我根据个人的喜好和鉴赏选择了以下的版本,如有出入,请见谅。
When we were the Sick Man of Asia, We were called The Yellow Peril.
When we are billed to be the next Superpower, we are called The Threat.
当我们是东亚病夫时,你们把我们看作是黄色危害;
当我们注定要成为下一个超级大国时,你们把我们视为威胁。 When we closed our doors, you smuggled drugs to open markets.
When we embrace Free Trade, You blame us for taking away your jobs.
当我们闭关锁国时,你们自由的向我们倾销鸦片;
当我们拥抱自由贸易时,你们却责备我们夺走了你们的工作机会。 When we were falling apart, You marched in your troops and wanted your fair share.
When we tried to put the broken pieces back together again, Free Tibet you screamed, It Was an Invasion!
当我们四分五裂时,你们发动军队来分裂我们;
当我们努力让祖国山河重聚时,你们却叫嚷着“西藏独立”,说这是侵略! When we tried Communism, you hated us for being Communist.
When we embrace Capitalism, you hate us for being Capitalist.
当我们努力建设共产主义时,你们恨我们是共产主义者;
当我们拥抱资本主义时,你们却恨我们成为资本家。 When we have a billion people, you said we were destroying the planet.
When we tried limiting our numbers, you said we abused human rights.
当我们拥有10亿人口时,你们说我们在破坏这个星球;
当我们努力控制人口时,你们却说我们滥用人权。 When we were poor, you thought we were dogs.
When we loan you cash, you blame us for your national debts.
当我们贫穷时,你们认为我们是狗;
当我们借给你们钱时,你们又为债务而责怪我们。 When we build our industries, you call us Polluters.
When we sell you goods, you blame us for global warming.
当我们工业化时,你们说我们是污染者;
当我们向你们出售商品时,你们又为全球变暧而指责我们。 When we buy oil, you call it exploitation and genocide.
When you go to war for oil, you call it liberation.
当我们购买石油时,你们说是剥削和种族灭绝;
当你们为石油而战时,你们却说那是解放。 When we were lost in chaos and rampage, you demanded rules of law.
When we uphold law and order against violence, you call it violating human rights.
当我们陷于混乱不堪之中,你们付诸法律;
当我们对暴力采取法律措施时,你们又说这侵犯了人权。 When we were silent, you said you wanted us to have free speech.
When we are silent no more, you say we are brainwashed-xenophobics.
当我们沉默时,你们想让我们言论自由;
当我们不再沉默时,你们却说我们被洗脑了。 Why do you hate us so much, we asked.
No, you answered, we don't hate you.
我们不禁要问,你们为什么这么憎恨我们?
你们回答说不,我们并不憎恨你们。 We don't hate you either,
But, do you understand us?
我们也不憎恨你们。
但是,你们了解我们吗? Of course we do, you said,
We have AFP, CNN and BBC's...
你们说当然了解,
我们有美联社,CNN和BBC呀... What do you really want from us?
Think hard first, then answer...
那你们究竟想从我们这里得到些什么?
仔细想想再回答吧... Because you only get so many chances.
Enough is Enough, Enough Hypocrisy for This One World.
只是因为你们得到了太多,太多,
够了,够了,这个世界藏着你们太多的虚伪。 We want One World, One Dream, and Peace on Earth.
我们只是想要:同一个世界,同一个梦想,以及世界和平。 This Big Blue Earth is Big Enough for all of Us.
其实这个巨大的蓝色星球是完全可以容纳我们彼此的。 内容注解:[1] 黄色危害(
yellow peril )---1887年2月23日在温哥华发生的反华暴乱是加拿大华人历史上让人遗憾的篇章之一。当时是一个叫做排亚联盟(Asiatic Exclusion League)的组织在里面活动,史称“反亚裔暴乱”(anti-Asian race riots)。实际上它主要是针对华裔的,所以亦称“排华暴乱”。排亚联盟是一个种族主义组织,1907年夏季成立,其成员包括温哥华贸易和劳工委员会(Vancouver Trades and Labour Council),组织暴乱者发表煽动性演说,称亚裔为“黄色危害”(yellow peril)。
Historical Sky Map::历史星空图
Outer Space::宇宙
Earth:China :: 地球:中国